Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bellies and Painting

So I thought I would give you some updated belly shots since I know you're all dying to know how big I am... ;)  
28 wks
32 wks

 Okay I don't know why our new camera won't ever focus correctly...stupid camera.  So it seems my "nesting" instinct tends to manifest itself by decorating when I'm pregnant.  You may all recall the various before and after photos of our house as I repainted nearly the entire interior last pregnancy.  Well after looking at our ugly kitchen for over two years inspiration finally struck and I picked a color to paint it...then I bought the paint and painted it all by myself.   I can't find any good before pics to show you which is annoying since it was really ugly...here's one that kind of shows the wallpaper...ignore my underwear showing:
Ugly wall paper....
Okay so now picture that ugly dingy wallpaper around the entire room...it was dark and dirty looking...anyway here's the after:



So, I think it looks much better.  I plan to get more of the blue plates to hang as well as something to go over the big space looking into the computer room, but it still looks better than it did...we also plan to change the backsplash and the counter and the floor and lighten the cabinets...  What do you think?

6 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

I love your brightly colored house! It's so happy. You should do some kind of a small tile back splash. It sounds like a lot of work so I wouldn't do it, but I know you would. =)

kristen said...

I like the backsplash idea...u know those pretty blue mexican tiles...those would look super pretty and u can buy the ones on mesh for walls...might not be too painful!!

tearese said...

woo fancy. Yeah, the plates help coordinate it with the next room a lot better. I think it looks good.

Anonymous said...

I really like it. It looks red to me and I love a red kitchen. You do nice work. Kimber

KieraAnne said...

Thanks guys! Yeah I was thinking of the spanish/mexican looking blue tiles for the backsplash or for a cool mosaic above the stove...we'll see when we have the time/money to get around to that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your Mom had me look at your newly painted kitchen and I think it is perfect. Expecially the color, my two walls above my white cabnets is burgandy. Loove to come see it sometime.

Grandma