Monday, March 04, 2013

To cut or not to cut...

Yes I know we already visited this topic in the last post, but it's a month later and I'm still torn.  This is why I think I should NOT cut bangs:
  • If I change my mind, it takes a really long time to grow them out again.
  • It's nice to not have to deal with my bangs as a separate entity from the rest of my hair after getting out  of the shower.
  • Some celebrities, whose looks I admire, do not have bangs.
  • My forehead isn't that big, so I can do okay without bangs.
  • Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, your bangs look really stupid.  This comes from having naturally curly hair.  Sometimes they just won't straighten or hang in the direction you'd like.
 And here are reasons why I think I should cut bangs:

  • You can leave your hair down and still look like you have a hair-do going on (you know since I have to straighten my bangs as soon as I get out of the shower they at least show that some effort has been put into my hair)
  • To further expand on the above reason: when I don't have bangs I tend to think my face looks elongated and weird when framed solely by my hanging locks.  Consequently before going anywhere I feel like I need to clip the sides back in some way to prevent this horse-face thing from happening.  This can get annoying, whereas if there are bangs I think it generally looks okay to just leave the rest of my hair hanging.
  • uh...I guess that's it.
 So, here are some pics to help you, the reader, decide...and also a new belly pic thrown in for the heck of it. ;)  First, No Bangs:







32 wks

I don't know why the pics are loading so screwy....and now WITH bangs;




 
 


 


Okay, so in many of these I'm either pregnant or just had a baby so don't judge my hair by my chunky, "I just had a baby" face...  I also tried to include a representative sample of "sometimes bangs look good and sometimes they don't"...what do you think?  

5 comments:

heatherhite said...

I say go with bangs. I think they frame your face rather nicely!

julie said...

Honestly, I think you look great either way, but I like how you look with bangs best. That said, I envy people without bangs and wish I had the perserverance to grow mine out. Good luck with your decision! I really think you look good either way.

tearese said...

when I looked at he first pictures, I was planning on saying you shouldn't cut bangs. Then I saw the later pictures, and thought you looked really nice there too. I think the bangs slim your face or something.
And you look like me in that one where you're wearing glasses and have a baby on your shoulders.
And in the last one without bangs, your hair makes you look fat or something.

Christine said...

I don't think you can go wrong either way. So I'd vote for whichever is easiest for you. You look cute in all of the pics so I couldn't decide. :)

Rebecca said...

Generally I think most people should not have bangs. You actually had some cute looks with them though when they're sort of choppy looking and can be pushed to the side. My vote would be no bangs for all the cons you listed as it seems like more work and I really like your curly hair. But I do like changing my hair so I can see the appeal.